Thursday, July 2, 2009

A New Creation!


This is an item I made for a swap on the Etsy Cottage Style blog. I thought I'd post here as well. I'm going to make another one (or two) to sell on consignment at a local craft store. I made this using a wooden disc, a wooden spool, a wooden napkin ring--painted them, then used crackle paint. I glued the wooden pieces together to create a stand. The jar is an ordinary mason jar filled with excelsior, some faux eggs and a bird. The lid is made from the metal mason jar lid, a pill bottle cap and a wooden knob. I think it came out pretty darn good!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lori
    Looks like you and I think alike...love your jar.I so love the background of this blog..it is beautiful...thanks for joining my blog. I think you and I have the same style...will be fun to craft together...

    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, this is adorable! At first I thought it was an old outside light fixture - how clever. :)
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin