Tomorrow I'll be visiting some yard sales (or curb-side sales as some may call it) and flea markets to see what kinds of goodies I can bring home. My dh just groans and wonders why am I bringing in more junk when I should be getting rid of it! He just doesn't understand. I am hoping that I will find a Thumbelina or a Barbie (the one with the brunette bubble (afro) hairdo from 1961 (?), but finding anything like that at a yard sale is wishful thinking. I would have to go to a dealer somewhere. I did look on e-bay and they are selling anywhere from $150 to $400 depending on the condition. Because so many of my cherished toys as a child were tossed away or given away, I have kept my girls dolls. They are now 21 and 24 and they are so glad that I've kept them. But anyway, I digress.....
I'm not really looking for anything specific. I just like to see what little treasures I can find and put to good use here at home. Most of the stuff I own is second hand. My home is eclectic-cottage style as I like to call it. Perhaps someday, I'll take pics and post. Enjoy the rest of the evening, ladies!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















The Flea market sounds like so much fun...I love the look of your blog now...beautiful...I need to redo mine soon..
ReplyDelete