My Christmas Tree has had many different looks over the years and after I decorate the tree each year, I always ooooh and aaaahhhh over it, thinking it's the most beautiful tree in the world. It's a simple tree really, but what makes it beautiful to me are the ornaments. Each ornament holds a special meaning and when they are unwrapped each year, I stop and think about where it came from, who had given it to me and if I had bought it for myself--why?
My tree is an eclectic mix of whimsy and classic. My girls are grown now but I have most of the handmade decorations they made in school. I also have a Santa that I made when I was 11 years old. It's made from a hollowed out egg, with hand drawn eyes and the beard is made from a cotton ball. It's the oldest and most beloved ornament on the tree. I have several paper crafted ornaments made by some special scrapper friends as well. There are ornaments that pertain to the personality of each child--such as Tweety for Val when she was around 10 when she had a "thing" for Tweety back then. There's a cookie jar for Jackie because of her penchant for sweets. Another has hand painted penguins for Zachery because of his love of penguins at the time (around age 7, I think). Each day I add more ornaments and each day, my tree becomes more special.
I LOVE Christmas and all the comes with it and I especially love decorating the house for the occasion. As of today, Christmas is only 13 days away and I'm still decorating! The tree is not quite done, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway. Enjoy!
Thanks for looking! And I wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas!



















I'm with you on that...each year the tree is the 'prettiest ever'. I love your ornaments.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty tree, and the ornaments are yummy too.
ReplyDelete